One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 16

November 16, 1987 was the day Maris was born into this world and into our lives.

November 16, 2008 was Maris's 21st birthday. He came home to celebrate celebrate his birthday and Thanksgiving with us. It was such a happy time. We all had so very much to be grateful for.

November 16, 2009 was a very difficult day to get through. I chose not to go to work that day. I stayed home and cried and prayed all day. We had talked about having an annual Maris Butta Birthday Party, but Ray and I had just come back from Oahu a couple days before, and we did not think we could pull it off. It was not fair to Maris or his friends, but our strength failed us.

This year, thanks to Maris's friend Peter, we have planned for Maris's annual birthday party. It is scheduled for Sunday, November 14.

November 16, 2010 is the date of this month's LOSS meeting. I was planning to start attending the board meetings of the Glenview History Center this month; but since November 16 is the day they meet this month, I do not think I can attend. And on the 3rd Tuesday of December, I will be celebrating the Winter Solstice with our circle.

On November 16, 2010 I am instead planning to attend the LOSS meeting, and will bring a birthday cake for Maris. I will ask everyone to light a candle for him , and to make a wish or say a prayer for him.

Maybe in January 2011 I will be able to start attending the Glenview History Center meetings. January will mark the start of a new year, and perhaps it will move all these special dates into a new day of the week and start a new cycle for us.

No comments: