One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Pisces New Moon Day, 2010

We have been working hard on re-arranging our rooms. We moved our shrine / meditation room / temple to a bigger, nicer room in the basement...and turned the former shrine (which we outgrew years ago) into an office.

I have been hauling boxes out of the basement all day, in order to prepare the new room for dedication tonight. The basement has been a dismal, discouraging and overwhelmingly chaotic mess since a flood 2 or 3 years ago forced us to frantically toss boxes onto tables and chairs to keep them above water level. Some of the boxes broke because their bottoms had gotten so soggy. What a nightmare!! The contents of the boxes became hoopelessly mixed up.

I do not know how this picture happened to be in the basement all by itself, because I have always kept the kids' pictures safely put away. I have no idea what year he drew it. It was crumpled and wrinkled, and did not scan that well. But I am so grateful to have it. It is a precious message from Maris.

Perhaps it was a symbolic fireplace for the secret hiding place they had in the basement when they were little. But it seems to me as if Maris is letting me know he is participating in spirit in the dedication of our new spiritual hearth, and doing whatever he can to help us along with this project.

I miss you so much, Maris, and I will love you throughout all your lifetimes, no matter who or what you are.

4 comments:

Life Force Arts Center said...

How wonderful that you found this! Yes, it is from Maris on this New Moon Day, saying he will always be with you, and blesses the new hearth.

Life Force Arts Center said...

How wonderful you found this picture! Yes, it is Maris saying that he will always be with you.

Life Force Arts Center said...

How wonderful you found this picture! Yes, it is Maris saying that he will always be with you.

Raymond Butta said...

This picture stirred feelings inside me. Maris was hard to understand, so when I saw one of his drawings and so beautifully illustrated, I knew he must have felt good about this. It is a lovely rendition of a fireplace made at what age I can only guess. This area was a clubhouse for them at one point and now it is our meditation room. We should frame this and hang it on the South wall. Ray