One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Friday, March 12, 2010

What Is Left

All that is left is deep, deep sorrow....knowing you will never again, with mortal eyes, see this person who was such a special soul and such a special being...who was so sensitive...so intelligent...so intellectually curious...so witty in an acerbic way...so funny...so original...so careful...so serious...so patient...so loyal...so compassionate...so helpful.

All these things, and more, were behind the prison of the social phobia and the depression.

Such a brave and courageous soul, who struggled so valiantly with such heavy burdens, and for so long. One day it all just got to be too much.

Behind the guilt...the regret...the sense of failure....the feeling of wrongness and unfairness...there is a deep, deep, deep sorrow, as deep as the oceans of space.

I miss him so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss Maris in so many way. I never called enough...but I will always miss Maris calling and just talking about things..."Hey Dad, How are you?...I will never hear those words again and I miss him...I loved Maris and wanted him to come home. Raymond