One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Letter to Philip from Maris

Maris and his brothers attended Gordon Technical High School, which sponsored two Kairos (God’s Time) Retreats for seniors. This is a three day intense program for students who have leadership qualities.  Part of the retreat experience was receiving  letters written by family members.

Maris was away from home, in the Air Force, when he wrote this letter to Philip on October 29, 2007:

Hey Philip,

Dude just writing this letter to let you know that i'm proud of you man.  You've been a good bro to me, always some fun shit to do when we hang out together.  Proud of you for doing kickass in school.  Getting A's all the time and being in the NHS.  I never got that since I slacked off in school and never took it seriously but you've done good dude.  Got a good score on the ACT.  I know you're gonna be awesome at whatever you do in life man.  Hope things always go well for you.

Take it easy dude,
Maris"

I was proud of Maris for writing this nice letter to Philip.


No comments: