One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Sleepless

We are so happy for Maris's good friend Peter.  His band, Marshfield, has just released a new CD, Coping With the Present.  We were pleased and honored to attend the CD release show at the Old Town School of Folk Music on Saturday, November 26.  

What an awesome experience!  these guys are so creative....not to mention energetic!  They completely throw themselves into the music...in fact they seem to BECOME the music.   it is a full body experience with amazing vibes you can feel on every level of your being.


One of the songs, Sleepless, was largely inspired by Maris:


We know it was the worst, but it feels like the first time that we had to say goodbye
Now I'm sleepless again, tossing turning in my bed
Wondering, "why did you go?"


I hold on to my covers, never let them go
The nightmares closing in
The pictures still remind me, of where we've gone and been
Waking me each night


And we knew it was the worst cause it feels like the first time that we had to say goodbye
Now I"m sleepless again, tossing turning in my bed
Wondering, "why did you go?"


Please don't ever think your time was wasted trying to change our lives
Now it's been said, and a memory has been left in my head wondering, "where did you, where did you go?"


The mystery is all but solved now, guesses have been made. We're all left here standing.
Hoping you'll return, come back to me, come back to us


And we knew it was the worst, but it feels like the first time that we, we could feel at ease
Now I"m sleepless again, tossing turning in my bed
Wondering, "why did you go?"


Please don't ever think your time was wasted trying to change our lives
Now it's been said, and a memory has been left in my head wondering, "where did you, where did you go?"
(repeat)


Where did you go?

Maris would have been so completely proud of Peter. Thank you so much to Peter and to Marshfield, you have touched our hearts, and we wish you every possible success.

1 comment:

Raymond said...

This was a great experience for us on a rainy November Saturday. Peter and his group are so uplifting and energized. We were happy to be there and feel so good that they dedicated the second track of their CD to Maris. Raymond