One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Friday, January 29, 2010

H87 1116


I was driving home from work the other day, listening to Healing Grief : Reclaiming Life After Any Loss, by James Van Praagh, in my car. One of the things it talked about was how spirits sometimes try to contact loved ones in whimsical ways. I was wondering if Maris was going to try this.
I had to stop for a red light at Harms and Dempster, and ahead of me was a car with the license plate H87 1116.
Maris was born in 1987, 11th month, 16th day.
I could not help wondering if the owner of the license plate had some karmic connection with us.
I also wondered about the H.
Could stand for either heaven or hell.
The poet of the Rubaiyat, Omar Khayyam, wrote...
I sent my soul into the invisible,
Some letter of that after life to spell.
And by and by my Soul returned to me
And answered, I Myself am heaven and hell.
Next morning as I was driving to work I was still wondering about the H. The very next car I saw had a license plate that started with H, structured like the other one, but with numbers I can't recall and that seemed meaningless at the time. So maybe it means nothing.
In terms of numerology, H is the 8th letter of the alphabet. (They even resemble each other, except the loops of the H are open at top and bottom.) 4s and 8s have to do with the struggle, effort, burdens and limitations of the material world. Wikipedia says 8 = power/sacrifice.
According to Numberquest, H = "H is the numerical equivalent of 8 and represents creativity and power. This letter has a great deal of business acumen and will therefore find profits through most endeavors. When it is the first consonant of a name the bearer is likely to be successful in business. Negatively, it can be self absorbed and selfish."
My favorite numerology expert is Dusty Bunker. She co-authored some amazing books with Faith Javane.
Verse 8 of the Rubaiyat goes:
Whether at Naishapur or Babylon,
Whether the Cup with sweet or bitter run,
The Wine of Life keeps oozing drop by drop,
The Leaves of Life keep falling one by one
I will keep my eyes open for other instances of the number 8 and the letter H. Jonathan pointed out that the number 8 sideways symbolizes eternity.
H could simply stand for Hi!
Thank you, Maris. I love you so much.

2 comments:

Jonathon Moore said...

An 8 turned sideways is the symbol for eternity.

Jonathon Moore said...

An 8 turned sideways is the symbol for eternity.