One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Friday, February 26, 2010

The Power of Now


I just finished reading The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle.

It was extremely enlightening. I am finally starting to feel an inner shift, as if an inner window may be opening.

What a sense of relief comes from remembering to step back from an emotion, as soon as I feel it gathering itself, and observe it, and remind myself "You are not your thoughts. You are not your feelings." That moment of stepping back and observing results in a moment of total peace. That moment is like dropping a tiny seed, which takes root, and spreads tis tendrils through the rest of one's life.

Those roots and tendrils crack the walls of the facade created by the mind, which creates a false sense of identity, separateness, and imprisonment.... rays of brillians of true being shine through the cracks.

Tolle's books have been very healing for me. They have enabled me to reaize that what goes through the mnd is not what identifies you as a person. The mind is a problem solving tool that can cut you off from your true identity, which is beyond thought.

NOW is all you have. The past is a memory. The future is imaginary. NOW is what is real. If you do not do something NOW, you will not do it EVER; because the future is not real. Now is all that is real.

I have always known that (in my mind) but I did not fully realize the meaning of now.

If I had understand the true meaning of NOW, which is all there is, I would not always be waiting for Maris to come home on leave...or get out of the Air Force...because the future does not exist.

Now is all you have.

The now is the well of the sacred.

Anyway, read the book. It may very well save your life...or someone else's.

If you want to experience true inner peace for the first time, read The Power of Now

No comments: