One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Valentine From Maris


I brought some Sweethearts ("the official candy of love") to work today. People emjoy seeing what message they get, and each piece has only 4 calories.

As I was pouring the bag of Sweethearts into the container, one of them bounced out onto the counter.

Its message was: "Miss You." Itwas purple, my favorite color.

A message from Maris? or my own heart's message to him?

Has anyone done a scientific study of Sweethearts to see how many messages there are. "Miss You" articulates what is in my own heart more than just about any of the other messages.

The ones closest to the top of the bowl say "Tweet Me"...."Hey Babe"..."Me & You"..."Meet Me"..."Marry Me" I got bored with that project pretty fast.

Thank you for my purple heart, Maris.

I love you eternally and infinitely, on this Valentine's Day and always.

No comments: