One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Rebirth

Maris will be reborn some day. Sooner or later.

He may come back as male or female. He may come back as my child again...or my parent...or my sibling...or my friend...or my neighbor...or my teacher....anyone.

He may come back in shackles again.

This is enough to make me more aware. Every person with whom I might interact from now on might be maris reborn.

If he is again shackled in some way, the shackles will be an opportunity to offer him total love and total compassion.

I may not recognize Maris in his new form. He may not even be reborn again during my lifetime. It does not matter. I will continue to see and honor Maris in everyone I meet, just as La Befana saw and honored the Chnist Child in everyone she met.

2 comments:

Valeria said...

This is a very interesting entry. I've given a lot of thought to his rebirth as a different person. Only a month after Maris passed, I found out I was expecting my baby. I chose the name Phoenix because of it's meaning. To me it represents rebirth, a new beginning, one door closing and another opening. Rising from our ashes (failures, pain, sadness, whatever it may be) and starting over wiser. It truly suits every aspect of my life right now. With Marisa, it's a small tribute to Maris, and similar to my sisters name, Marina. I think of the way Maris was. A person who was honest, good-willed, sincere, and intelligent left this world, and my baby is now entering it. I can only hope that these bits of Maris continue to live thru Phoenix, because life is much more beautiful when angels are accompanying us.

Jonathon Moore said...

Maris Butta told me he did not want to reincarnate on this earth for a long time. Preferably in a few centuries.