One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

...and if Maris had survived the HPD...

...would I be any wiser? or would I still be blundering in the dark, assuming everything was OK, as i had for the 22 previous years? would we all blithely continue on our merrym unawakened ways, never knowing how close we had come to the abyss?

or...

would I actually go on to heal that tiny baby in the neonatal intensive care nursery as i had been told to do by the whisperings in my mind?

is the Abyss, in some way, essential to our awakening?

Unfortunately we went into it and never emerged..

Some people go into a metaphysical abyss. Others go into an emotional or mental or spiritual abyss. Some go into all four.

Some lucky people, like James Joyce, the author of Araby, have epiphanies before the abyss can swallow them.

No comments: