One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Sea of Grief

Grief is like the ocean. It keeps coming in waves.

Sometimes the waves are continuous and gentle, and they are just part of me but not really noticeable. Other times they are large and powerful and very insistent. But they are always there.

I notice that if I am distracted by mundane things, and not aware of the grief for a while, it is almost as if the grief had been dammed up for a period of time; because when I become aware of it again, it comes at me in a really big wave, all at once.

For this reason, I need to find ways of letting grief pour through me continually. Because the little waves are easier to deal with than the big ones.

The Latin word "maris" means "of the sea."

Everything reminds me of Maris.

No comments: