One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life


On Olivia's last day in Chicago, she wanted to see an iplifting movie. Nothing scary or Halloweenish.

So we chose It's a Wonderful Life, one of the most uplifting movies ever made.

Little did we know that Maris had left this world only a few hours before. If obnly he had watched this movie the day before, everything could have been different.
How could our dearest Maris not know what a wonderful life he had? How much he was valued and loved and treasured? what an important difference he made to our family and to the world?
We knew....yet we did not show it enough.

when we chose that movie, how could we not know Maris was gone?

We stopped at Starbucks to buy coffee for breakfast, and that is when I got the phone call telling me the air force was waiting for me at home. I ran out of the store without the coffee, my heart pounding painfully. If Olivia had not been praying aloud the whole time we could not have gotten home without incident.

How could we not have known?

What kind of abyss...what kind of evil spell was I living under my whole life?

No comments: