One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pieta


I wonder if she ever felt guilty for bringing Him into the world. Did she have any idea of what He would go through? She had been told seven swords would pierce her heart; but not what they were.

The difference between us is the She is the best mother in the world, and I am the worst.

It is so hard knowing what The Plan is. We can never know, because of our puny, limited human consciousness. We can just have faith that there is one. But having that faith makes the pain any less.

Before my spirit and Maris's spirits were incarnated, did we agree this would happen? or did this life go terrible wrong for both of us? What were we supposed to get out of this experience?

I have sometimes told my kids that each hard thing you go through makes you stronger and prepares you for the next even harder thing.

How much do we have to endure before we are released from this world?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though She is the best, it does not mean that you are the worst, far from it! That we have ideals to aim for does not mean that what we do is wrong or bad, only that we always have more to do. The ideal always pulls up on. Plato had it right I think when he described how we are lured by the Ideals towards them.