One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16

Maris was supposed to come home on leave today.

A few months ago he told us his leave had been approved. We were so looking forward to seeing him.

The last time he came home was November of 2008, for his 21st birthday and Thanksgiving. We had no idea we would never see him alive again.

I am so grateful his brothers had a chance to spend that time with him.

Alek had been disappointed that progress was slow regarding his transition into the Marines.

I told Alek whatever happened was for the best. He could not understand that. I told him it was a good thing he could be at home to spend some extra time with Maris, and maybe that is why things worked out for Alek as they had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spent a lot of time with Maris while he was home and for all that time he was upbeat and in good spirits. Something happened between now and then that destroyed my son. I may never know what it was. I think about Maris everyday and tears come to my eyes when I think of the last time I saw him in person. I loved him. Raymond