One Third of My Light Is Gone

"...And the fourth angel sounded the trumpet, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened. And the day did not shine for a third part of it,, and the night in like manner." --Rev. 8:12

I have three sons. One of them is in the spirit world. On October 26, 2009, one third of the light in my life went out forever.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Navajo Prayer For Healing

Navajo Prayer for Healing
[Participants please repeat, “May he walk in beauty”,
after leader reads each line]

In the house made of dawn.
In the story made of dawn.
On the trail of dawn.
O God, it is begun in beauty.

His feet, my feet, restore.
His limbs, my limbs, restore.
His body, my body, restore.
His mind, my mind, restore.
His voice, my voice, restore.
His heart, my heart, restore.

We walk with beauty before us.
We walk with beauty behind us.
We walk with beauty above us.
We walk with beauty below us.
We walk with beauty around us.
We walk with beautiful voices.
In beauty we walk all day.
In beauty we walk through returning seasons.

In the house of evening light.
From the story made of evening light.
On the trail of evening light
O God, it is finished in beauty.

No comments: